1. The first day of school. Somebody needs to write a catchy song about it. I’d sing it loudly. Oh wait, come to think of it, I think Nemo took care of that…
2. We are getting our family photos done tonight! I can’t wait. After 3 months with my photography business officially opened, I have learned that I am not the only one that doesn’t enjoy being in front of the camera. However, having pictures of my sweet family all together will be worth it. We haven’t had a family photo done since 2002. Shame.
3. I dusted off the sewing machine. Our new classroom does not have overhead lighting and so we had to go with a plug in style of light and well, there is cords. My sister suggested a long cord cover of multiple fabrics. For $10 the problem is solved. If it can’t be hidden, flaunt it. Amen?
4. Pinterest taught me how to clean burner thingys. Turns out that Pinterest is a useful site for more than just pinning. Carefully pour 1/4 cup of ammonia in a big ziploc bag. Put the burner in there and seal that bad boy up. Leave overnight. DO NOT LEAVE ON AN OUTDOOR WOODEN TABLE because something funky may happen where the ammonia might start to lift up the stain. Hypothetically speaking. Once you pull the burner things out of the bag in the morning, the goop wipes right off, with no scrubbing. The fumes is what does it apparently. There is no need to soak the burner. Ammonia is powerful stuff, the fumes will kill ya, but it’s worth it.
5. I love the people where we live and I am grateful for my home BUT somebody needs to talk to somebody about the people who build the stuff where we live. Its itty bitty strip mall after itty bitty strip mall. Completely void of color or interesting things to look out. The houses are pretty much the same with the exception of a couple of neighborhoods. I was home in the bay area recently and even this parking garage looked fun. I swear I almost went in, even with no need to park.
6. Shark Tank. I’m totally addicted.
7. I updated my About Me page. Check it out on the upper right hand part of your screen.
8. I love this boy. I C A N N O T B E L I E V E he is almost 2. Seems like yesterday.