1. You know when you move a child’s toy. Then in a moment of haste you run somewhere and forget you moved that toy in the path that you are running? Train table 1- my toes 0. Resulted in a couple days of taking it easy, lots of elevation, ice, nauseasness from pain meds, swollen toes, and pretty bruising. A trip to Urgent Care revealed no broken bones which honestly kind of annoyed me because with the amount of pain, I wanted some validation. Instead, I am sporting the official title of Foot Contusion and a low tolerance of pain. Whatever, I say.
2. So you know when you have to get up and work because as a mom you can only stay down so long? Then after a full day of photo shoots you come home and your toddler steps hard on that foot contusion? It’s the kind of pain that inspired the moments in cartoons when you see the character fly into the air like a rocket because they got hurt by something. That pain. THEN you know right after that you go shopping and you stop the bakset, but keep walking and you jam that same foot contusion yet AGAIN?
3. This impending move is sinking in. See this post. #2. The intensity of emotion has me in bed every night by like ten from sheer exhaustion. If this keeps up, I may have to change my blog name.
4. If we leave Cali. It’s going to be rough. However, support means everything and we’ve got that. My soul Lord to you surrender, all I have is yours. It’s on repeat in my head. I have the best friends and the best text conversations ever.
7. I had a little 24 hour getaway this past weekend. I went back to my home town of San Jose for some photo sessions. I had a sleep over with my bestie and a girls dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. So needed it.
8. This Concept is new to me. It stopped me in my tracks. Focusing on building instead of fighting. Why don’t I do that? It really seems so logical. Very foreign and requires giving up a lot of junk. I’m in. Way to go Socrates. He seriously is pretty smart, right? How drastically different my life would look.
9. We did a party at Chuck E Cheese on a Friday night. I lived to tell about. My darling requested a Chuck E party so I let her pick 3 friends and we googled some coupons, picked up a bakery cake, and I sat in a booth. I’m not gonna lie, I love throwing parties, but right now THIS was the best party in the world. My girl had a ball and I rested. I think Chuck E Cheese should set up a sleeping room for mom’s. We can go to Chuck E, let the mouse entertain, and head to the back to take a nap. Anyone with me?
10. Today is about my family. No work today. School prep, laundry, watching football with my hubby, friend over for my little, cleaning up the house, and prepping for the week.
11. Cookie Butter? It’ll change your life.
12. Hoping to finish the classroom this week. That is pending no one’s insides blow up and nobody in my house resigns and nobody gets a foot contusion. Excited to share it with ya’ll.
13. Happy Sunday. Go Niners.