Setting Up Home

It has been three months in our new home. It seems like we have always lived here. Yet, in reality it’s been a blink of an eye. Long enough, though, that a deep cleaning is sitting not so patiently at the top of my to do list.

house1

I have this glorious idea of wanting to take pictures when we move in and move out of everywhere we live. However, taking pictures of your house is a somewhat enormous job. I clean, my toddler destroys it as fast as I can clean it and I somehow manage to snap pictures in between it all. When you load them you see dust, cords, crooked pictures, strange paint shades, spots on furniture, random toys peeking from under couches. All things that aren’t there in real life, I promise.

You re shoot, he re destroys, you go for the real life look.

It’s no small task.

house9

house8

I snapped a few the other day, but I far prefer the shots that just happen as we live here and the moments take place that turn into our photographs. Our home and surroundings become the backdrop for the main attraction, which is family and all that it entails.

house7

house14

house12

This porch. This house will forever be referred to as the house with THE PORCH.

house11

It wraps around three sides of the house and we are in love.

house10

I remember one of the first shots of our yard that I posted, I had SO many comments about how we were going to care for the yard and what a big job it would be. It surprised me as I was thinking I’ll cut each blade of grass personally with a pair of hand scissors if it means having this amount of space to run and play and a view like we have.

God had other ideas. He provides. Now I have kids who beg to help with chores.

house3

house2

Our big project for the summer is turning our garage into our bonus room for school and music lessons. It is a huge space and I am stalking Craigslist to make it happen. It’s going to function beautifully for us. I can’t wait to get it done!

house12Collage

I also have a photography studio in my backyard. God really makes the best ones. Mine is complete with abandoned railroad tracks.   It’s dreamy, I tell ya and I am in love with my first official little client.

ainacks1

ainacks8

We have lived in many homes over the years. Burnt orange shag carpet to granite slab. This is my favorite one on all accounts.

I do not take one square inch for granted.

9 Responses to Setting Up Home
  1. Alicia @ La Famille
    June 23, 2013 | 3:29 pm

so happy for you. the yard is a blessing all in itself. can’t wait for that school room!

June 24, 2013 | 7:06 am

Your home looks so inviting and cozy!! I am so incredibly happy for your family- I love the way God blesses us with just what we need.
    Happy fluffing up your classroom- can’t wait to see it!!

3. Heidi (Dearly Loved Mist)
    June 24, 2013 | 6:50 pm

So pretty! Great front porch! And I can’t wait to see that school room. I know, with your decorating touches, it will look fabulous!

4. hotel
    June 25, 2013 | 1:57 am

you are in reality a just right webmaster. The site loading pace is amazing.
    It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick.
    Furthermore, The contents are masterwork. you’ve performed a wonderful process on this matter!

5. Lindsay
    July 15, 2013 | 8:45 pm

Love the “home tour,” and such a great space. I gotta ask, where did you get that zebra in the monkey room!?! My daughter, Gracelin, is in NEED of a cute zebra…and we are striking out finding one.

6. league of legends item build tool
    October 17, 2013 | 1:50 pm

Moreover, satellite broadband internet will enable you to rely more on online bill pay.
    If you aren’t a proper football fan, but like to dabble in the glamour and excitement of the
    winners and losers, or at least like the idea of indulging in a team away from home, then picking an English premiership team is a fine idea.
    A common Corki complaint is that he feels extremely
    mana constrained by the cost of Phosphorus Bomb.

7. […] was SO excited when we moved into our current home to make this huge garage a room. Music lessons, school, sleepovers, parties….I was giddy […]

8. Poppy
    September 7, 2014 | 2:16 am

If some one wants expert view regarding blogging and site-building afterward i
    suggest him/her too go to see ths weblog, Keep up the nice
    work.

9. aio hack facebook
    September 15, 2014 | 1:57 am

We have established that poorly targeted advertisements will get you nowhere.