Making Memories

I was 16 or 17. We had a G R E A T youth group and a fantastic youth pastor. He was all about making memories. He was all about telling us, he was all about making memories.

Fair1

Every summer we went on a trip called Endless Summer. 1.5 weeks of non stop fun. Camping, amusement parks, beaches, and everything in between. It was A W E S O M E. Well, this one year, we took one of those accordian style busses. It was our transportation for the whole trip. Maybe 70 or 80 of us left for our Endless Summer Trip.

Fair2

For weeks prior to this particular year, our youth pastor had been telling us he had a special surprise that we would not want to miss. To say we were all excited would be a severe understatement. There was SUCH a buzz about our surprise. We could not figure it out.

Fair4

Heading southbound on Highway 5 toward Los Angeles, a famous stench exists. It is the familiar smell to all Californians and travelers of highway 5 known as Harris Ranch. I think it is home to about 5 gazillion cows, give or take.

Fair5

Remember that Endless Summer surprise? Yes, a tour. On the bus. Driving the roads in between said cows. In the middle of July. Hot. Flys. Groaning teenagers. AND a gleefully happy youth pastor walking the aisles of the bus yelling “you will never forget this”. He was right. I haven’t.

…and I love it.

Fair6

A few months ago I get a phone call from my husband in the middle of the day, asking if we could take May 16th off school. Of course. He informs me that there is a frog jumping gig at the Calaveras County fair. He wants to surprise the kids. I immediately thought of the cows. I was in.

Fair7

Anticipation built with my munchkins.

It was a total crack up and a total surprise until we arrived at our destination.

Fair9

Fair10

You see, they didn’t even know that frog jumping existed. Neither did I.

Fair8

*this picture is titled, WHY WE USE A STROLLER.

It was an unusally wet rainy morning in CA, that we set out. It was cold, damp, and entirely entertaining.

Fair3

We had a great day.

Here’s to hoping the kids never forget it.

Fair11

Somehow, I don’t think they will. I can hear it now…”remember when dad took us to that frog jumping fair.”

Fair14

One of the highlights of the day was when we were walking through all the animals. One of the 4H kids started chatting with us. “Where y’all from?” he says. “Sacramento area”, my husband replies. Them the kid went there….

Fair15

“YOU CAME ALL THE WAY DOWN HERE, JUST FOR THIS?”

“Y U P”, my husband says proudly.

Making Memories.

Fair12

because frogs are cool.

Fair13

70 Responses to Making Memories
  1. fort lauderdale dumpster rentals
    February 17, 2014 | 7:10 am

This issue is one that many firms face.

2. L.A. Law Firm
    February 26, 2014 | 6:18 am

It was practiced when medieval guilds were set-up, but not
    created for gains. As the showing goes, there was no substitute to
    obtain expertise.

3. March Madness
    February 26, 2014 | 7:54 am

They may also pass by simply who the teams are playing.
    Witth conference play underway, there are lots of unexpscted deficits as well
    as some impressive benefits. They are the higher tesam in this match.

4. Now, that you are hung comfortably on a support, start cycling.

Thiis feature also assists in maintaining the heater
    from using too much energy. The overheat prtection circuit
    also turns the heater if it overheads.

5. Mold Testing
    February 28, 2014 | 12:21 am

In accordance with statistics, 85-120 of a nation’s citgizenry is affeected by it.
    The Dupli-Color TELEVISION movie is inspirational.
    It may be a dangerous and very reral threat to yor health.

6. internet marketing specialist
    March 2, 2014 | 9:35 am

Howdy! This post couldn’t be written any better!

Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He continually kept talking about this. I’ll forward this post to him.

Fairly certain he’s going to have a great read. I appreciate you
    for sharing!

7. Walter Synalovski Boston
    March 9, 2014 | 11:39 am

Generally these camps are run by retired army or navy
    personnel. Pink and rred t-shirts,with interesting sayings,
    flowers and embroidery say spring immaterial else. Grajts is
    on a limited basis.

8. Walter Synalovski
    March 12, 2014 | 6:48 am

Helps keep them out of your children’s reach and though clse open to them.

If you want to train in the big class with limited trainers, it iis easy to just stop by your home country.

9. http://www.houzz.com
    March 16, 2014 | 6:52 am

My husand and I recently purchased this residence. You realize you are better-than your
    overall task and more deserving of a richer life.

1) Spend and organize a different room in your own home on your
    home business.

10. http://www.showcase.com/
    March 16, 2014 | 3:41 pm

He and hiis wife, Mary Katherine, farm early four-hundred acres of
    land in the southern Usa. They should have approval to manage qualities within their claims.

11. Stacey Valnes
    March 19, 2014 | 10:44 am

We chose to take a lokk and I am pleased we did. I kmow that dates me, nonetheless it seldom affects my memory.
    That means door-knocking, handing out business cards and aking foor business
    continuously and habitually.

12. Thomas Fortino
    March 19, 2014 | 12:26 pm

Therefore expect what’s promising, but ask for shortfalls.
    With an increase of experience, you may also require up to USD 121,
    500 from your company. By being young and healthier, your quality is going to
    be really chdap and inexpensive.

13. When demand goes out the window, cost goews with it.
    In places where it snows steel shingles can show to be resilient.
    It iis equipped by having an addjustable container.

14. demilecincreviews.com
    March 19, 2014 | 3:55 pm

Geocaching can be an engaging “treasure-hunt” that combines research, the outdoors and engineering!
    Statements are that the people in China are
    more nimble, quicker to adjust when things change.

15. http://dooid.me/howardwilner
    March 20, 2014 | 6:55 am

It is possible to, often, negotiate with the owners and get very reasonable value.
    Nevertheless,committing your money on a new Ford vehicle appears usually a demanding undertaking.

16. dumpster rentals chicago
    March 20, 2014 | 7:04 am

Bills will pile-up inside the rental business, nevertheless they may be used
    to your advantage.

17. goldiedickeymetropolitanwebstore.com
    March 20, 2014 | 9:59 am

Your customers’ agent will helop youu every step off the best way to assure a smoolth closing.

Old Davidsonville State Parkk is built on the site of the first 1800′s area
    of Davidsonville.

18. Billy Lerner
    April 10, 2014 | 7:48 pm

Turning drivers towards open parking places might custimize drivers
    habits downtown. You will notice the what you muist do, that you simply
    to possess a custom-built curio cabinet.

19. Josephine
    April 14, 2014 | 1:05 pm

When I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added”
    checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several e-mails
    with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service?

Thanks a lot!

20. Autovantage
    April 23, 2014 | 10:48 am

Being aware of the Blue Book value of your car is needed you dig up a fir
    deal. Other countries are contingent upon their cars as actually.

8) Next, you need to try and not make any sharp