1. It’s going to rain this week. I am conflicted. While I have been secretly begging God for rain, it is scheduled to come on the day of my costume photo event. Hmmmm. Wet soggy costumed kids in muddy winery fields. Not fun. I feel a reschedule coming on.
2. I attended a women’s retreat at this last weekend. They had a trail mix bar that was open all weekend. A table full of a ton of containers of different ingredients- gummy bears to wasabi peas. Oh, the combinations. Morning, noon, and night the crack was available to us. I discovered a beautiful combination. Dried pineapple, sunflower seeds, and Heath bits (you know the kind that you buy by the chocolate chips). Trail Mix is not healthy – don’t be fooled. It was delicious, but now I have to kick box for like ten extra hours and go through trail mix withdrawals. Those evil little retreat planning genius people.
3. Speaking of our retreat, I learned a new card game. Egyptian rat slap. I suck at it. I lost big. BUT the upside is you get to scream and slap things. I do both of those things really really well.
4. One more piece of retreat news. Very VERY rustic settings make a great home for the fake centipede on the rim of the toilet seat trick. There was a lot of nervous pee-ers in Berry Patch #8, thanks to the adorable tiny retreat goer and my new friend from the cabin across the way. She shall remain nameless.
5. We’ve been busy with soccer. A good busy. My girl gets on the field and goes to her happy place. She’s scrappy, that one. It’s so fun to watch her. Her team and her coach are fantastic. This soccer mama is sad that we only have four more games.
6. I have discovered the best time to paint your nails. Get all of your kids buckled in their seats. Turn the car on. Paint away while resting your hand on the steering wheel. Now you have a good 10 minutes or more for them to dry while you drive. Make sure and put your own seat belt on first.
7. I learned a new word today in the sermon today at church.
Chagrin. disquietude or distress of mind caused by humiliation, disappointment, or failure.
8. Today is the end of the first quarter of school. Can’t believe it. We have quarter tests, oil painting projects, and a movie on the agenda. The coming rain will require a fire and pumpkin spice hot chocolate to accompany my afternoon of grading papers and issuing progress reports for my three little students.
9. Have you seen Leap Year? Amy Adams is quite fantastic. It’s a couple of years old, but I just discovered and I love it.
10. When things get tough… “God, I love you. I don’t love this situation, but I love you. Therefore, I have everything I need to keep putting one foot in front of the other and walk through until I get to the other side of this.” -Lysa TerKeurst.
11. I will leave you with two of my favorite images from this past week. #thankful