1. The 5,678,587 times over the past year that I did NOT drive through Jack in the Box and order a 44 oz cold, crisp, bubbly cup of life giving diet coke. I’m no longer an addict, I promise.
2. My pantry, full of food, that I am happy to feed to my family.
3. The miles that I have logged over the past year, ON FOOT.
4. I can run 7 miles without
5. H20 and the gallons and gallons of it that I drink each day.
6. The fact that that I looked in the mirror this morning and thought, “Not bad for a 41 year old with 4 kids.”
7. Bananas. They are yummy on and in everything.
8. My eyes, they are blue, and a pretty shade of blue. God did good on them.
9. Muscles. They were lost, but now they are found.
10. New undergarments. Heaven I tell ya, there is nothin’ much better. 🙂
11. Mason jars. They make breakfast more fun.
12. God’s perfect creation of food. It’s all perfectly balanced, just the way He made it.
13. Turbo Fire. Working out with brilliant music? I’m in. Six days a week.
14. Passing on good health habits to my kids.
15. Electic Whatnot 31 Days to a Healthier You. Love people who are open with their journey. We really all have such similar struggles.
16. Facebook. I belong to a private group of encouraging peeps who chat all things health related, they get it! (if you wanna join, let me know)
17. 100 Days of Real Food. A wealth of information that helped my family change our eating habits. It is a website about healthy eating that I actually understand.
18. I stood on the scale this morning and it didn’t make me cry. The same thing happened last week. I am sensing a new trend.
19. Friends who chat fitness with me.
20. The realization that each hard thing in my life makes me fight, makes me strong, and makes me closer to my Jesus.
21. Running. It makes me feel strong and invincible. Everybody needs to feel that way now and then.
22. The realization that good days and pant sizes are unrelated.
23. My health has been a struggle, but without the struggle I would not have nearly the appreciation for my body that I do. I have poured plenty of blood, sweat, and tears into my current state.
24. We are all different shapes and sizes. Mine doesn’t define me, neither does yours.
25. My neighbor asked me to save box tops for her and I realized I can’t. I don’t buy much in boxes or with labels on it, anymore.
26. How great I feel.
27. The past is so far back there. I have a ways to go, but the past is out of sight now.
28. Friends who are successful on their own journeys, whatever that is. It inspires me.
29. Vulnerability. It makes me strong.
30. The baggage that I have opened up and am cleaning out. It’s making me healthy on the inside and the out. It’s not just about the physical. It really is mind, body, and soul.
31. Crossing the finish line at my first half marathon. It’s coming and I can’t wait.
32. The thirty two pounds I have yet to lose. Each ounce will be a victory. I will celebrate big when I get there, but I am choosing to also celebrate each step of the way. Today I woke up tired of all I “have to do”. This learning to love yourself and take care of yourself gig is tough. Today I choose joy instead of the bleh and I made me a list to prove it!