Thank you Word Press. I needed the encouragement today. I AM better, faster, and more attractive, thank you very much. So very nice of you to notice.
2. My daughter’s soccer team had their second game last weekend. It was like a bad car wreck. You almost couldn’t turn your head away, but you almost couldn’t look either. They were a different team from the previous Saturday. The other team’s goalie could have taken her bff out to lunch and had a mani and pedi during the game and it really wouldn’t have mattered. We only used half of the field. Every last inch of everything involved was an uphill battle. We lost 8 to zero. My week has not been much different. Nothing intensely earth shattering, really, just nothing is coming easy.
I stood there watching the soccer game and remembering that victories are not nearly as fantastic if you don’t have to go through the trenches. It’s just like pregnancy, I’ve decided. Nine months of agonizing everything all leading up to that one unbelievable moment where they place that new little lump of heaven on your chest. It would not be nearly as fantastic without all the suffering to get there. That’s my theory and I’m stickin’ to it. If you have had a trouble free pregnancy and you were a size 2 the entire time with no side effects, you are not allowed to weigh in on this conversation, o.k.? OK!
3. Green Jeans is coming along fantastically. I have 13 sessions scheduled in the next two months, a costume photo event, and I am working with a 90 family preschool to provide Christmas photos for their families. You really can pinch me now. I was nervous the night before I launched this baby thinking, what if no one wants me to take their pictures at all? What a blessing this has been so far, that has far and above exceeded my wildest expectations. It is meeting some very deep needs in my family. I am so grateful and look forward to continuing to grow and learn and receive my new lens that is coming soon!
If you have an extra minute or two, head on over to my Facebook Page and like Green Jeans! Thanks! I appreciate it!
4. We are continuing to learn more and more about eating healthy, unprocessed, real food. I decided to begin posting once a week about some aspect of eating and what we used to do, how we fixed, and why. You know like cereals, breads, oils, etc. I am no expert by any means, but I am taking time to continue to learn and will drag you all, as my fabulous friends, right along with me. It’ll be fun, I promise.
5. We have mice. Did I mention that? They are the teeniest tiniest of mice. The fact that I have enough mice experience to know that these are tiny is somewhat disappointing. The thing that I have learned about mice is you can’t hardly catch them. It’s rare. You have to figure out where they are coming from and cut them off at the source. More money than I care to add up has been spent on mice trapping extravaganza’s. It’s kind of a joke. A couple of nights ago I sat on the kitchen counter drinking a spice pumpkin hot chocolate and hoping to catch a clue as to where they were coming in. The house was quiet, except for the mice. Who needs cable? I sat there and watched the mice cleverly avoid our traps and continue to monopolize my house like they owned it.
Last night it all changed as one lept forth from the grate under the fireplace. They are in for it now. Steel wool is my new best friend. Sorry Jack and Gus Gus. You outta here.
6. Dollar Tree. Fantastic Contact Paper. My bathroom shelves are pretty once again.
7. After much consideration, I have chosen my little guy’s Halloween costume. It’s beyond. Pretty soon he is going to have an opinion, so I have to savor these choices while I can still make them. I am going to create it tomorrow night. Wish me luck. The sewing machine and I have a love-I loathe you type of relationship.
8. Sometimes, I really do wish they could just stay little.