1. Our first soccer game was highlighted by multiple memories. It is so endearing to see all the parents come out to represent. Everyone yelling. Everyone cheering. One very cool dad of an adorable little player on my daughter’s team yelled, “Go Starfish”. So sweet. Only problem is our team name is Starfire.
2. O.k. I love Explode the Code. LOVE it. Muffins that play hide ‘n seek make learning fun. There is no way that he is going to be able to hide behind that tree, do you think? He’s too wide. I hope there is a sequel so I can see how this turned out.
3. My family has been hooked up with a gal who is writing a book on eating unprocessed food in America. I got to interview on the phone with her last month. Last Friday, she flew out to our home to hang with us and have dinner at our table! It was great meeting with her and talking through again why our family has so drastically changed our eating habits. Answering questions really helps cement the reasons why we have done what we have. Prior to last March, I really didn’t understand that most of the food that we were consuming was genetically modified and full of chemicals and contained very little actual food. Even the food that is advertised as healthy (such as power bars, protein shakes, and the like) is full of highly processed man made ingredients. It’s crazy how difficult and misleading the marketing and labeling of our food is. The drastic changes in our children’s behavior and the way that we all feel is reason enough to endure whatever it takes to keep these changes as our new way of life. I think I am a tree hugger. A happy healthier one.
4. Speaking of health, did you hear that Jillian Michaels is back on Biggest Loser in January? Me happy. Ecstatic really.
5. How many of you dodge the camera? I have made it a personal mission, I think. My husband always tells me that my kids are going to look back over all the work I have done to capture and create albums of their growing up years and I will be missing completely! He’s right. Well, I read a post. This needs to change. I’m gonna work on it.
6. A few weeks ago in a flurry of annoyance over the lack of space and organization in my daughters 8’x9′ room I grabbed my phone and started snapping pictures. Within a few hours and the magic of Facebook I had every single thing sold. We had $420 in hand and we started from scratch with a $420 budget. Not one penny more. We are almost finished. WHICH is really good because when I do unplanned projects like that it really throws off the projects that I am currently working on.
7. Why does the beginning of fall make me want to stock up on things in my house? Costco is dangerous for me this time of year. Which, by the way Christmas is already out at our Costco. I find that ridiculous, but I adore it at the same time. Christmas is almost here, right? I have an app.
7. Due to #5 I am going to figure out how to use the timer on my camera this week. One would think that I would know that.
8. I am teaching my boy to cook. Thirteen years old. He makes a fabulous whole wheat biscuit.
9. I want to buy vats of pumpkins, barrels of apples, light pumpkin candles, wrap myself in burlap, and adorn my yard with those hideously henious but wonderfully cute fall scarecrows. Who’s in?
10. These are some of my best girls, just the best. We had to say goodbye yesterday morning to the cute redheaded one as she and her family moved away to Texas. Always in our hearts, Ash…