1. I am beyond excited that a new adventure that has been in my heart for a long time is finally official. Green Jeans Photography opened on Mother’s Day. It is a much prayed over adventure. An outlet for this mama to stretch my creative wings. It gives me the ability to connect with people in a very incredible way. Photo sessions are a B L A S T. I love the possibilities, the learning curve, and the endless options to capture the beauty God created for us through every single thing we see and feel. Come visit me at Green Jeans Photography and give me a Like. Thank You!!!
2. I spent Mother’s Day morning, snuggling in bed, watching the Happy Holidays Edition of Elmo’s World with my baby. I don’t care if it is the wrong holiday, I like Jingle Bells, he likes Elmo. It’s a perfect combo.
3. Never tell a five year old little boy that one day you will no longer be able to pick him up because he will be to big. His baby blues might shed some tears and break your heart. This was not the first, nor the last mistake I have, or will be making with my first born child. #guineapigparenting.
4. Being a mother is my gig. It’s my heartbeat. It makes me who I am. It makes me overwhelmingly joyful and insanely crazy. I praise God for the four little beings who fill my days and teach me the very definition of selfless. They truly fill my heart and thrash my house in the very best way possible.
5. Chevys gives away long stem red roses and chocolate covered strawberries on Mother’s Day. Uh huh! Gorgeous!
6. I miss the rain and am already looking forward to fall. I hate spring. Yes, I said it. I’m sorry, but I do. I do like summer and the super hot temps around here, but we had SO little rain this year, I am still somewhat deprived.
7. Mother’s Day lunch. We brought our own entertainment. Turning a pacifier sideways and scrunching up your nose while people are laughing at you is captivating and adorable. Right?
8. I have a story about a shoe. A couple of months ago, I lost a shoe. Just one. After a long time of looking and being irritated that the remaining shoe lay abandon in its shoe pocket, I decided to wave the white flag and throw the shoe away. Yesterday, when I was cleaning out my closet, I found it’s soul mate. So now again, I have one shoe. Fortunately, little man put it to good use and I successfully acquired my high school year book embarrassing photo. #twobirdsonestone
9. We are still eating healthy. Still finding our balance and how to navigate real life through all of this. It’s not a diet. It’s not a plan. It’s not a book. It’s not a gimic. It’s eating as unprocessed as possible. As different situations come up, it has been interesting to tackle them one at a time. Birthday parties, weekends away, Children’s programs, Mothers Day. The thing that is amazing when you aren’t eating like C R A P 24/7 then the occasional 8 milk molasses chips and diet caffeine free soda will not do you in. That is if you can truly handle the moderation gig and your moderation doesn’t become three times a day! No more than once a week is my goal.
10. This is on the wall of the pediatric ward at a nearby hospital. #creepy #confused #massivenightmares
Happy Mother’s Day, my friends!
May you feel loved today wherever you are and whatever stage of life you find yourself in!