2012-2013 Curriculum Plan.

We have moved slowly over the years to an eclectic mix of curriculum. There are SO many options out there. SO MANY GOOD ONES. It is way hard to choose. I have equated curriculum to cruising. It’s a stretch, but stick with me. On a cruise, the cruise is designed to provide so many options for entertainment, that it is impossible to experience them all. You are forced to choose your favorites and move on. At a workshop this past weekend of convention, I was reminded that you can’t cover it all. You just can’t.

So with that in mind, our favorites for this year have made up the following plan.

Cameron 8th Grade-

Math- Teaching Textbooks Pre-Algebra

Language Arts- A beka

History- Mystery of History

Health- Horizons

Science- Apologia General Science

Art- World’s Greatest Composers

Elective- Polished Cornerstones and Who is God?

Christmas Study- The Birth of Jesus

*P.E. – Kids Triathlon training, Family Time Fitness

Emma 2nd grade

Bible- Finding God’s Promises from Positive Action

Math- Horizons

Language Arts- Sonlight

Literature- Little House in the Big Woods, Charlotte’s Web, Mr Popper’s Penguins

History- A beka

Health- Horizons

Science- Exploring Creation with Astronomy from Apologia

Elective- Draw Write Now and Expedition Earth

Christmas Study- The Birth of Jesus

*P.E. – Kids Triathlon training, Family Time Fitness

*There are multiple kids triathlon events in our area. My goal is that each of the kids will complete one during the school year. I still need to work through the details of this. I am not sure about the swimming part with my 2nd grader, but if not a triathlon than we will do a 5k or something else.

13 Responses to 2012-2013 Curriculum Plan.
  1. Wendi
    April 25, 2012 | 11:20 pm

What did you do for Bible this year? I am really stuck on where I want to head next year.

April 26, 2012 | 8:18 am

Thank you oh wise one! Can’t wait to check all these out as I plan for next year. I do know that we are doing the Apologia Astronomy next year! Love that science curriculum! Have a great day my friend!!

3. Shecki
    April 26, 2012 | 8:54 am

Must feel great to have it all planned out already!

4. Marlene
    April 26, 2012 | 4:19 pm

Thanks for posting this. I always love checking out what you’ve chosen. I was wondering why you are using Abeka for the older Language Arts but not for 2nd grade?

5. Karen
    April 26, 2012 | 7:20 pm

Hi Darcy, thanks for the suggestions! Just curious, what curriculum fair did you go to?

6. Rikki
    April 27, 2012 | 12:03 pm

I love reading these posts! I have my plan ready but I love to see what others choose!

7. Marlene
    April 28, 2012 | 8:31 pm

Forgot to ask…Are you just continuing Apologia Astronomy from last year or didn’t you end up using it as planned last year? I just saw you had listed it before.

8. […] of our curriculum for next year has arrived. I love that it is all here and I have four months-ish to look through […]

9. Nicole (Mama to 4 Blessings)
    August 9, 2012 | 6:33 am

what great choices! I have never heard of Positive Action, I will have to keep that in mind!

Here is our 2012-2013 curriculum

Happy Homeschooling!

10. […] and will be in the full swing of things. I have to say that I am 100% pleased so far with our curriculum choices. We have a nice eclectic mix of style and intensity and I think it’s going to be a grand […]

11. Jeni
    November 14, 2012 | 1:17 pm

How do you plan out your day? With three different grades/curriculums, how do you work with each one and do fun projects? Do you do read-alouds with the kids as well? Help… 🙂

12. These areas of the cartridge have to be emptied before new toner
    can be added. The answer is: Always purchase from a store that has a good reputation. All printers are given priority when it comes to repair work and are serviced by a Kyocera Repair Center.

13. can mua oto cu gia re