My Monday Confessional

I have a story of horror and shame.

I split my pants.

It’s true.

Not just any pants. Yoga Pants. Who does that?

Not just one pair. Two pair. Who does THAT?

So, I have spent a great deal of time pondering this recent atrocity. I have narrowed down the possibilities to one of the following two scenarios.

In spite of my recent health goals, weight loss, and the fact that I have been running on average 15-2o miles a week, amongst my other workout routines…I have managed to balloon into an enormous entity that has ripped a material that was, in fact, created to stretch. I have broken the laws of physics and my inner thighs have ripped lycra.

OR

I have been running at such a warp speed that my pants could not withstand the amazing pressure that my lightening fast running was putting upon them. In a nutshell, my running skills transcend the average pant.

Guess which one I am going to go with?

I own two pairs of black yoga pants. They are my at home mommy uniform and about the most comfy thing on the planet. Now both pairs have holes in the unmentionable area. Sew them? Why yes, I have tried that. They have re ripped. So in fact, if you do the math, I have ripped four pairs of yoga pants. FOUR PAIRS.

Upon discovering the RE RIP in my current pair of yoga pants I was minutes away from leaving the house to go on a date with my 7 year old. I had forty minutes to go and I needed to cut my 11 year old’s hair, iron 7 shirts, feed the kids dinner, get myself ready, and leap a tall building in a single bound. I accomplished it all and as I was about to throw on another pair of pants, I discovered I didn’t have another pair of pants because every single one of them was in the washer. Big problem because now I was left with just fancier clothes and I should have washed my hair but didn’t, so a hat was a necessity. My hats are not fancy clothes matching hats. So, there I was. I could put on fancy clothes with a casual hat and no make up, or wear my ripped pants and pray that I have no need to do a toe touch or the splits while on a date with my daughter.

I had no time to put on make up, actually do my hair, or better yet sew my pants, because eldest daughter had choir beginning in just 18 minutes and we live 15 minutes away. Fortunately, my other daughters choice of a date was to go to Target and spend her Valentines day $5 gift from her grandma and have a pizza at the snack bar. I decided to chance it and wear the pants.

I am pretty sure that no one noticed the rip in my pants. My daughter is so stinkin’ adorable.Β She dressed up for our date…all on her own, complete with her fancy tutu ish skirt.

Ahhhh motherhood, don’t you just love it????

ONE SHOULD NEVER TAKE YOURSELF TOO SERIOUSLY.

Confession is good for the soul. Join me.

Anyone have any embarrassing episodes you are willing to share?

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Hip Homeschool Hop Button

12 Responses to My Monday Confessional
  1. Elizabeth
    February 27, 2012 | 12:12 pm

I split my pants this weekend too!!!! Not just any pants… my only pair of jeggings… I cried…

2. Ashley
    February 27, 2012 | 3:13 pm

What, you don’t have makeup on in that picture!?!?!? You are one of those people that is blessed to look great without it on! I look horrible without makeup (teenagesk skin and blonde lashes n’ brows.) You look cute, with no effort, seriously! I feel like I have a hole in my pants without makeup. πŸ˜‰ And girl you need some real running pants!

3. Becky
    February 27, 2012 | 3:43 pm

First of all you are a rock star for running that much. I think either your pants were old, the wrong size OR maybe something you washed them in deteriorated them. It wasn’t you. You are adorable. Love the confessional.

4. Shawna
    February 27, 2012 | 4:09 pm

I broke a chair at a family dinner one night. SOOOOOOOOOO embarrassing!!! They said the chair was old and had been near breaking at any moment, but still, it waited til I was sitting in it and everyone was together to see me break it! Uh! MORTIFIED! So there you go, my confession.

5. sandra asplunnd
    February 27, 2012 | 6:22 pm

That’s funny Darc! Okay so now that you are a runner, No Yoga Pants allowed during running πŸ™‚

February 27, 2012 | 6:49 pm

I am laughing out loud and my husband is looking at me funny. First of all, if I looked that pretty without make up I would never where it. You are beeeeautiful my friend!
    I think your speed lightening running definitely blew the thread right out of those pants!
    You are hilarious! And beautiful!!

7. Alyssa
    February 27, 2012 | 6:55 pm

This had me laughing out loud! I’ve never “split” yoga pants before but I’ve worn them out and had holes. I actually still wore them even with holes haha.

8. Krystle
    February 27, 2012 | 8:23 pm

Ha! Guess what I’m wearing today! Oh yes, and the next day and the next…you are correct, we have a ton in common πŸ™‚

And I did laugh out loud at this post πŸ™‚

9. Surrender | Just A Night Owl
    May 14, 2012 | 1:01 am

[…] have written many posts about my health. From the completion of our 10 day food challenge, to the incident with my yoga pants, and everything in between. What I haven’t truly written about is the core deep down issues […]

10. […] 43. New yoga pants […]

11. webnode.com
    September 18, 2014 | 10:21 pm

I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post
    is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty.
    You are incredible! Thanks!

12. yoga pants girls
    October 20, 2014 | 4:01 pm

Those included a recall due to a reclined baddha konasana
    yoga pants or butterfly. Bottom line is fairly minor
    in my last post but controversy in the morning, hello. All of us as the sturdiness from the series of calls to the spandex they
    hold up as I round the globe opt for the latter.

So, it’s important to keep the 80’s fashion. 4%, or wear as-is on the suit
    and the kids off at school at 7 am!