Greyson Michael. Birth Day. 11.10.10

We are so happy to introduce our little man.

Greyson Michael…

He was born on Wednesday, 11.10.10 at 2:05 am, weighing in at 10lbs. 6 oz. and 21 inches long…he arrived 10 days early.

I had a beautiful and easy labor ending in the most horrible 15 minutes of pushing. My epidural decided to go on vacation and I struggled intensely with wrapping my head around the sudden onset of pain. I can say with all the honestly and drama that I can muster, that it was the worst 15 minutes of my life…but then they handed me this….

and my heart was so full ….overwhelming gratitude, love beyond measure, pure bliss.

He’s perfectly squishy, pink, and snorts quite a bit.

He has at least three chins, beautiful little lips, and a head full of dark brown hair.

He has stolen our hearts and completed our family.

He was welcomed into the world with his dad and I, the doctor and nurse, and a whole bunch of  family and friends cheering us on from the waiting room party outside our door. It absolutely  meant the world to me to have everyone there supporting us. Our own private cheering section. How amazing is that.

We took our little rocker baby home on Friday. It is now the six of us. Funny how it instantly seems like this is how it’s always been.

The sleep is scarce. The laundry and diapers are plenty. The love and memories being made trump all.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Psalm 139:14

11 Responses to Greyson Michael. Birth Day. 11.10.10
  1. Taylor
    November 15, 2010 | 2:07 pm

You are right about him snorting. he snorts every 2 seconds when he is crying! But he is the cutest little baby ever!

2. Jaime Searles
    November 15, 2010 | 2:51 pm

Congratulations to you guys! I love the last line of your post… Because all the work, stress, tears.. All of it is worth the time spent watching our babies grow. 🙂

3. Cindy
    November 15, 2010 | 3:44 pm

I must say, you and Shawn make some seriously cute babies!!! So happy for you all!

4. Deb
    November 15, 2010 | 5:31 pm

Congrats. What a beautiful baby. The photo of you holding Greysen completely made me tear up. I ♥ his rocker outfit.

5. Jen
    November 15, 2010 | 5:41 pm

Beautifully said, I know exactly what you mean. I love being a family of 6 and I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world. I am so happy for you, Shawn and your 4 kids. We love you guys!!!!

6. Evonne
    November 15, 2010 | 8:50 pm

He is so precious! I love his little round face! Congrats to you and your family!

Those last 15 minutes might have been the hardest thing you ever did, but it had one of the biggest payouts. And that makes it all worth it!

7. Linds
    November 15, 2010 | 9:08 pm

congratulations! I love how chunky he is! And I am SOOOOOO sorry your epidural wore off. I am praying that that doesn’t happen to me with Connor. I might not make it if it does 🙂

8. gina Sockman
    November 15, 2010 | 10:18 pm

I think this is hands down my favorite post!! cannot wait to go to dinner with you and jen and ask for a table of 16 please! add cin and we have 21! love being in your lives – thank you for sharing your special moments and special baby! love you all! xoxo

• Cindy
      November 19, 2010 | 3:24 pm

Ohhhhhh……we have to go soon and get a table for 21!!!! Love it!!!!!

9. Sarah at SmallWorld
    November 16, 2010 | 7:48 pm

Congratulations! What a great sized baby! I love them big!

10. The Cape. | Just A Night Owl
    January 27, 2011 | 11:42 pm

[…] After our November addition, we have settled back into a routine around here although, I am sure as I am typing this, there is some plan being formulated that will throw this current routine right out the window. For now, a typical day for me has no starting point  because my days and nights have mushed into one 24 hour super day. […]