I keep running across these 100 things about me lists when looking around blog land. So many times, in fact, that it made me want to do it too. So here it goes.
1. I am 5’10” tall.
2. I am still scarred from my nickname in elementary school…DC-10 the wide bodied jet. Stupid second grade boys.
3. I want to go to New York for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade…and stay over for New Year’s Eve.
4. I hate to fly. Well really take off, the rest isn’t so bad…just the take off part.
5. I love roller coasters. Not the new ones that almost kill you…the good ‘ol fashioned wooden ones are the best.
6. I love crushed ice. It’s the best of all the kinds of ice.
7. Someday I wanna dress up as wonder woman. It seems fun.
8. While we are talking about dressing up, let it be known that I love wearing wigs. Costume ones, for fun.
9. I love Bougainvillea…and I can even spell it correctly.
10. I love twinkly lights at Christmas time.
11. I love all the rest of the things at Christmas time too. Candy canes, cookies, songs, mistletoe, the smells…all of it.
12. I love to hug people. I try to avoid hugging clear non-hugging type people, but sometimes I can’t help it and do it anyway. I am not sorry.
13. I have no lucky number. I think they are all equal and should be treated as such.
14. I love love love to plan parties. I wanna be David Tutera when I grow up.
15. I love me some black yoga pants.
16. I love salt water taffy.
17. I love all the shades of blue and green…and I love black and white, but only together.
18. I am not a morning person at all. I take many minutes to wake up. I need silence for awhile, but in a house with a morning husband, 3 kids, one on the way, and a yorkie…I NEVER get that.
19. Fall is my favorite time of year. It used to be summer, but that was when I was young, thin, and had little responsibility and could live at the beach.
20. I don’t have any white walls in my house.
21. I am 39, but I feel about 27. No one ever told me that’s what it’s like when you are older.
22. I have four kids.
23. Yes, they were all planned.
24. I love Pumpkin Bagels from Noah’s in the fall….and pumpkin donuts from Krispy Kreme and Pumpkin Spice Yankee Candles. Perhaps, I just like pumpkin.
25. I prefer to see the glass half full. Sometimes, I have to throw a complete fit first…but I usually can get to the half full place…sooner or later.
26. I love people.
27. I love my house full of people.
28. I completely wish it was still appropriate to spend a weekend night, o.k. well any night, in a club…loud music, lights, and dancing the night away. I don’t need the alcohol or the bar scene…just the loud music, dancing, and people.
29. I have never been to a circus and I don’t think I want to.
30. I love and respect my husband…a lot.
31. I am learning to let go of that which I can not change.
32. I do not like learning to let go of that which I can not change.
33. I love to bake. When I was little my sis and our bff would have to clean and the moms would make me bake stuff. I’m totally serious.
34. I love Disneyland. I don’t care if I am 39….it never gets old.
35. I love going for walks in the rain.
36. I always dreamed of being a dancer. It didn’t happen.
37. At one point, my sister and I, could reenact most any scene from Xanadu.
38. I get really annoyed when people lie. I believe anything can be worked through, but without the truth you don’t stand a chance.
39. I do not like broccoli, or mayonnaise, or guacamole, or hummus, or tomatoes, or mustard….
40. I feel a bit narcissitic right about now.
41. I love to scream…in a happy way.
42. I like the Tori and Dean show and find it hilarious that she has a pet goat named Donna Martin.
43. We have a rule in our house that soda must be had with pizza at all times.
44. There are days that I have actually spent time wondering what it would be like to be Samantha Stevens.
45. Writing 100 things about yourself is harder than I thought it would be. I can’t stand quitting, so I have to finish.
46. I faint really easy. I have fainted in a movie theater, behind the wheel, during a pedicure, and during a wedding dress fitting.
47. I loved my youth pastor and his wife. They made lasting impression on my life.
48. Someday I would love to go to Tuscany.
49. One of my favorite movies is the Wedding Planner.
50. This year we started living cash only, no credit cards. No debt. It’s super hard, I am not gonna lie.
51. I am a picky eater. Incredibly picky. See number 39.
52. I like bubblegum…like gum balls and Bubble Yum.
53. I have been cow tipping.
54. I love new socks. If I were rich I probably would never wear a pair of socks twice.
55. I find the beach to be one of the happiest places on earth. I love the feeling of the sand in my toes.
56. Every thanksgiving I make Raspberry Coffee Cake for breakfast. It’s divine.
57. My kids have never believed in Santa Claus. I refuse to tell my sweet daughters that a creepy old fat man is going to crawl into our home in the middle of the night through our chimney. Even if he is going to leave presents for them.
58. We still leave Santa cookies and diet coke and throw oatmeal on the roof for the reindeer. We play along.
59. For about a year, we had dancing on the counters Wednesday. The hubby worked late and the kids and I danced on the counters to loud music. I am not sure why we stopped.
60. I try and pray with the kids throughout the day at random different times. I dont’ want them growing up finding prayer to be a before meal, before bed ritual.
61. My favorite quote is “Make God your audience, not people.”
62. My other one is “no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
63. I need to work on my patience level with my kids. I get frustrated way too easy.
64. I love hot chocolate, but not with marshmallows.
65. I love Target clearance sales.
66. I have ridden horses, been scuba diving, and toured air force one.
67. I watch Friends almost every night before bed.
68. When I was little and sick my mom made me toast with butter and cinnamon sugar on it and then cut it into squares. My kids get the same royal treatment.
69. Easter Meal every year is Boston Market. My mom started this tradition and I proudly continue it. My family has been in the ministry for years, so Easter Sunday is a work day and frankly I don’t want to cook that day.
70. I think the saying ” I slept like a baby” makes no sense whatsoever, unless of course you woke up every two hours all night long.
71. I love to decorate and I am borderline obsessed with chandeliers.
72. I love road trips.
73. I think eyeball is a funny word. Moist is a word I try and avoid at all costs.
74. I am very intense. So is my son and my six year old daughter.
75. I wish people could be more honest with each other.
76. I am a very loyal person.
77. I can’t sleep if it is too quiet. I need a fan blowing.
78. I like lists.
79. I love accomplishing things.
80. I love hot tubs, but only when really super hot.
81. Ellen and Twitch dancing in the SYTYCD finals was one of my favorite moments on tv ever.
82. I want to live in Crowley Corners from the Hannah Montana movie….in that exact house…and have a barn dance in that exact barn.
83. I also want to live in a loft in New York.
84. When I am pregnant it becomes necessary to eat sausage biscuits from McDonalds.
85. I love to ride in limos and get dressed up.
86. I once dressed up as a blueberry for Halloween.
87. I would rather throw my heart out there and get hurt then spend my days thinking what if.
88. All the way… by Frank sinatra is an amazing song, so is Someone to Watch Over Me.
89. I love people who listen intently.. I find that to be a great strength. People who do not listen frustrate me…alot.
90. I love being in the water.
91. I love berries…all kinds.
92. I have never tried drugs, or ran away from home.
93. I love love sleeping in.
94. I don’t drink Starbucks…except an occasional caramel apple spice.
95. I don’t believe in ironing. That is why God created dry cleaning.
96. My family is the most important thing in the world to me.
97. I love good conversation.
98. If you want to hurt me, tell me you don’t trust me.
99. I have a weakness for instant gratification.
100. I belong to Jesus.