I have always wanted to try this type of project….I purchased these ABC cards at LakeShore for just a few bucks. They just needed a little help. It was a perfect chance to add a little moulding. I am just doing this on one wall. All the way around would be too much of a good thing in this room (for my taste anyway).
Here is the finished picture. This is our homeschool classroom.
Here are the details…
I went to Lowe’s and purchased 3 8 foot sections of this trim. It was $6.– per piece. When I got home I stained it black, then spray painted it red, then went over it with Acrylic Red paint and a paint brush. This was not some new fancy technique. It was trial and error. Now it has kind of a slightly distressed barn red color. It works. The trim I picked had a rope design on it. I would have been best off just using a brush and acrylic paint to begin with.
I used a level and nailed up the bottom pieces first. I just used small nails without a big top to them. Then I slid the cards down into the trim and staple gunned the top of the cards.
After that step was complete I was able to get the level again and complete the project by nailing the top pieces on.
Then I straightened the CHASE YOUR DREAMS plaque above it and the wall is complete! I would NOT survive as an interior design photographer…
I am linking up with